Policy Press has established major publishing programmes and series with a range of organisations and associations as well as publishing many individual titles in partnership with others. We also work collaboratively with associations and networks to publish journals.
"We have found Policy Press to be a very professional organisation that works cooperatively with its partners and authors. I and my colleagues at the Foundation, have benefited from a pleasant, relaxed and yet highly efficient working relationship with the team. I can strongly recommend them as partners in any similar publishing venture." Julia Lewis, Head of Publishing, Joseph Rowntree Foundation
Academic and textbook series and individual books
We publish a number of series for academics and students and welcome ideas for new ones. Our publishing partners for these series currently include the Social Policy Association, the Open University, the Centre for the Analysis of Social Exclusion (CASE) at the London School of Economics and Political Science, the British Association of Social Workers (BASW) and the Townsend Centre for International Poverty Research at the University of Bristol. See Our Publishing Partners for full details.
Partners for individual books have included the National Consumer Council, Help the Aged/Age Concern, the Community Development Foundation and Research in Practice for Adults.
If you would like to discuss collaborating with us to publish a book or series please contact our Commissioning Editors.
We welcome the opportunity to work in partnership with organisations, networks and associations through our journal publishing programme. See the link on the left for more information on publishing your journal with us.
Contract publishing services
As well as collaborating with partners on ‘for sale’ publications we also provide a contract publishing service for clients whereby we produce publications and online products which are disseminated free of charge or sold separately by the client. These products are individually branded for each of our partner organisations.
Using Policy Press’ contract publishing services can benefit your organisation in many ways. We provide the publishing expertise and undertake all the publishing functions so that your organisation can focus on their core activities. Our established clients include research funders, NGOs (charities and voluntary organisations), government departments, and research groups. See Our Publishing Partners for full details.
In terms of editorial and production support and expertise we can offer:
• a supportive, personal and professional service throughout the publishing process;
• copy-editing and proofreading to an exceptionally high standard
• substantive editing, if required, to help shape material for its intended audience;
• a house style agreed between The Press and the client;
• clear communication throughout the editing and proofreading process with editorial queries marked on proofs;
• indexing service if required (out-sourced to our specialist indexing sub-contractors);
• an appealing product, with strong identity, attractive design and high quality print production;
• full production service, negotiating print prices, schedules, liaison with printers through to final output delivered to the client;
• a PDF version bookmarked for inclusion on websites and for electronic circulation if required;
• production of summaries and leaflets as well as full publications;
• strict quality control procedures throughout the publishing process;
• fast turnaround – often within 12-14 weeks from receipt of final manuscript;
• total reliability: we stick to our deadlines – and yours.
For further information or to discuss a project, please contact Alison Shaw on tel: +44 (0)117 331 5363 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org